Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take my senior portrait myself?
You may not take your yearbook photo yourself—we only print professional quality portraits in Embers.
Can I have my senior portrait taken by a photographer of my choice?
Our goal is to achieve a unifying appearance of all senior portraits in the yearbook; we don’t want any of the photos to break visual consistency and stand out in a negative way. To that end, we require all seniors to take their senior portraits with Robert Taylor, our school photographer. You may certainly elect to work with another photographer on your own, but we will not print those photos in the yearbook.
Is there anything I should/should not do to prepare for my senior portrait?
Yes! There are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You should avoid getting a haircut within a week of your portrait sitting—it tends to be obvious that you’ve just had it done. Instead, give your hair a chance to grow just a little bit, which will help it to look more natural.
- Similarly, you should avoid going tanning within the days leading up to your portrait sitting; you run the risk of getting burned or, in the case of artificial tanning, of your skin appearing an orangey color in your portrait.
- Dress to impress! Avoid wearing a t-shirt or anything else you’d typically wear on an average day.
How do I select a pose for the yearbook?
- Go to Robert Taylor Photography’s website.
- Click the “Online Orders” button (in the lower, right-hand corner).
- Click “Individuals.”
- On the resulting screen, enter your seven-digit phone number (the one you provided at the time of your sitting) in the “gallery code” field. Do not include the area code, dashes, or spaces (for example, 3974830).
- For your “personal pin,” enter Amity’s five-digit school PIN, “AMT19.” Note that all letters must be capitalized.
- Click the “login” button.
- The following message should appear: “A yearbook pose for this gallery has not been selected yet. Would you like to do that now?” Click the “Yes” button.
- Select your pose, confirm the spelling of your first and last name (do not enter any nicknames as this may delay processing and prevent your photo from appearing in the yearbook), and click the “Submit” button. Please note that all yearbook pose selections are final.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Your proofs will be available online ten business days after your sitting; no proofs will be mailed to you.
- If you opted for a free sitting, you will be shown only one proof when you log in (this will be the photo you approved before leaving your session).
- If you opted for multiple poses and your sitting fee has not been paid, your proofs will not go online until your account is paid in full.
- You must select your yearbook pose by Wednesday, October 19, 2018. If you do not select a pose by this date, a pose will be chosen for you.
How much does the yearbook cost?
The yearbook price increases throughout the school year. All pre-orders ($70) must be placed by November 16th. The regular ordering window will then open and the price will increase to:
- $75 on November 17th
- $80 on January 19th
What is the deadline for ordering a yearbook?
All online orders must be placed by April 26th, 2019. After that, yearbooks can only be purchased at the school level while supplies last and on a “first come, first served” basis.